Lane's End Decorative Arts

Lane's End Decorative Arts, is me, PatMcWhorter. When I moved to my current home I finally picked a name for my business. I live on Ferris Lane, which is a Dead End Street, hence, Lane's End! This site features my work as a Muralist and a Decorative Painter. Some of my Artwork is done in my studio, for example, paintings and murals on canvas, or painted furniture. I would say that most is done on-site, either in your home or Business.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In Progress: Summit NJ Mural


Along with Beth Welsh of Bassett Associates and Fred Honold from Hometowne Television I have begun a 8'x20' Public Mural on Springfield Avenue in Downtown Summit, New Jersey. Our goals are to create a Mural depicting a time in Summit's History that can attract discussion and interest in it's origins and culture. The television station is recording the Painting on video, and I decided to start this in progress blog.
The Subject and Title of the mural is: Beacon Hill at Dawn, June 7th, 1780 After doing some research we chose this moment in time as a starting point of Summits rich history. According to records, just before dawn , on this historic date, an urgent message was received that The British forces were crossing over the river from Staten Island to launch an attack on the Continental Army. The #10 Signal Beacon was lit and The Old Sow Cannon discharged to alert George Washington and our Troops in Morristown of the impending battle that were then played out in The battle of Springfield over the following days.
As with any art project once a subject is decided a sketch soon follows, therefore without further comment here is the beginnings of my In Progress Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home