Lane's End Decorative Arts

Lane's End Decorative Arts, is me, PatMcWhorter. When I moved to my current home I finally picked a name for my business. I live on Ferris Lane, which is a Dead End Street, hence, Lane's End! This site features my work as a Muralist and a Decorative Painter. Some of my Artwork is done in my studio, for example, paintings and murals on canvas, or painted furniture. I would say that most is done on-site, either in your home or Business.

Monday, February 26, 2007

2003 Mansion in May





When I was invited to submit a design for the 2003 Mansion in May Show House, I immediately thought of Dawn Mullins , a Friend of mine who is an extraordinary Interior Designer. We came up with the idea of "A Yankee Doodle Dandy Room". The Mansion is located at Jockey Hollow National Park, in Morristown, NJ. We thought that it would be fun for me to paint Murals of the surrounding Encampment of Washingtons Continental Army , during the harsh winter of 1779. Dawn designed the fabulous window seat, chose the furniture from Ethan Allen, all the bedding and accesories. I had fun researching the different uniforms that the Army wore, and also created faux wainscoting. But my biggest challenge, was painting the Trompe L'Oeil Patriotic Bunting, that encircles the room. We were later rewarded by having pictures of this room published in some Newspapers and in the Design NJ Magazine. You must click on the photos to see all the detail!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home