Lane's End Decorative Arts

Lane's End Decorative Arts, is me, PatMcWhorter. When I moved to my current home I finally picked a name for my business. I live on Ferris Lane, which is a Dead End Street, hence, Lane's End! This site features my work as a Muralist and a Decorative Painter. Some of my Artwork is done in my studio, for example, paintings and murals on canvas, or painted furniture. I would say that most is done on-site, either in your home or Business.

Monday, February 26, 2007

2006 Mansion in May








What a thrill to be chosen to participate in 3 Mansions! The Women's Association of Morristown Memorial Hospital, sponsors a Decorator Show House every 2 or 3 years to benefit the Hospital. All of the Designers and artists chosen donate their time and creativity to the cause. Not to say we don't have some fun along the way! I Designed this "Under The Sea" Bathroom utilizing the existing 1960 fixtures. That is why my Snorkeler has on a little yellow polka dot bikini. I enlisted a lot of help in this project. Leigh Bollinger, a spectacular Interior Designer, helped me with all the creative aspects, from the sand in the tub , the window treatments, to the "driftwood" beneath the sink. Her Son, Bryan, fabricated the cornice and Radiator cover. While my daughter, Amy assisted me by painting Seashells! The floor is made up of hand painted tumbled marble tiles. The Artist who painted them, and was responsible for their installation, is Annette DeMetro. The Under Water Murals around the room were all me. It was a real collaboration, which we have received some great Press from.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home